All brand names, product names, product images and trademarks used on this Gecko Vending website are the property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES
As of 1st September 2017, Gecko Vending has ensured that all credit card surcharges are within the ACCC recommendations. Click on link for further information from ACCC.
Where applicable, our surcharges are capped at 20 cents per transaction which is less than our ‘cost of acceptance’.
Your personal information and how it collected and used
Your personal information is collected when you voluntarily fill in an online form, send us an email, speak to one of our staff or representatives or enter a competition of promotion.
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was provided. We may also use your information in other ways to provide you with an improved service. No collected information is shared with third parties without your prior approval.
Security of your information is paramount and Gecko Vending will take all reasonable precautions to protect it from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration.
Access to your personal information
The National Privacy Principles allows you to access the information we may hold about you. You can request or update information, ask a question or lodge a complaint by using the “Contact Us” form located on our website www.geckovending.com.au or email email@example.com.
Information about Privacy Laws and the National Privacy Principles can be obtained by visiting the Federal Privacy Commissioner website located at www.privacy.gov.au or by phone 1300 363 992.
Gecko Vending maintains a Full Refund policy if you lose money due to a vending machine fault or malfunction, including the credit card reader, or if you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase.
For any request of refund, you are encouraged to immediately ring the phone number on the vending machine or 0417 779 562 to report your request for a refund or replacement product and give reasons for your request and your contact details.
All refund for products purchased using a credit or debit card will only be credited back to the original card on which purchase was originally made.
If you are unsatisfied with the goods, they must be returned within one (1) week of transaction together with proof of purchase. Proof of purchase for credit or debit card transaction may include a bank or credit card statement from the financial institution confirming details of the exact purchase price.
Gecko Vending reserves the right to review and update this refund policy statement on our website. Visitors to this website are encouraged to check this page from time to time for any changes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Choosing to make a product purchase on a Gecko Vending machines using your credit card indicates that you agree to the Terms and Conditions as set out below. These credit card purchases will be deemed to have been received at the time an electronic receipt number is provided to you and/ your bank.
2. You authorise Gecko Vending to debit the designated amount (including any stated additional charges) from your nominated debit or credit card using a secure payment gateway by the action of you inserting, swiping, tapping or waving your credit card in or in front of the credit card reader installed on a Gecko Vending machine.
3. Gecko Vending cannot proceed with the transaction if your nominated card is declined by your financial institution. You are required to ensure there is enough credit in the nominated bank account to which the chosen credit or debit card is linked to before proceeding with the transaction.
4. All amounts debited to your nominated bank account and amounts credited to your credit card account under these terms will be in Australian dollars.
5. You can obtain an electronic record of your transactions by viewing your account transaction records online or by contacting your financial institution.
6. You may only use your credit or debit card on Gecko Vending machines with an operational credit card reader installed.
7. Gecko Vending reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions and/or related material (such as the “Insert, Swipe, Tap, Wave” guide at its discretion) and publish the updated information on this website.
8. You have certain rights under trade practices law which cannot be excluded, including that Gecko Vending products purchased are of merchantable quality and reasonably fit for their purpose and that any services delivered by Gecko Vending under these Terms will be rendered with due care and skill. Subject to those rights, Gecko Vending’s liability is otherwise limited to refunding to the original credit or debit card on which purchase was originally made or replacing products purchased using your nominated credit or debit card.
9. You acknowledge and agree that Gecko Vending will not pay any interest or other earnings to you in respect of your card and does not hold any value on your card on deposit or on trust.
11. Gecko Vending has not subscribed to The Electronic Funds Transfer Code of Conduct.
12. As any person holding the card may be able to use it to purchase Gecko Vending products from the vending machine, you should ensure you hold your nominated credit or debit card securely.
13. If your nominated credit or debit card is lost or stolen, you should immediately call the Bank to which the card was issued by, to report the loss. Gecko Vending accepts no responsibility for lost and/or stolen cards used in its vending machine credit card readers, however, Gecko Vending will use best endeavours to block and/or cancel any reported lost and/or stolen cards in your name.
14. If you think there has been a mistaken or unauthorised transaction involving your nominated credit or debit card and/or in debiting your nominated account you should contact Gecko Vending on 0417 779 562 as soon as possible so that your query can be investigated in a timely manner.
15. If your credit or debit card is, or becomes, faulty or has been lost or stolen, it will be your sole responsibility to notify the Bank who issued it.
16. Your credit or debit card may not be accepted by our credit card readers on the vending machines if it is defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way.
17. Gecko Vending reserves the right to cancel any transaction, or for any reason at any time. In circumstances where your card is blocked or transaction is cancelled by Gecko Vending, we may provide you with a refund unless we reasonably suspect fraud in relation to your attempted transaction.
18. Gecko Vending accepts no responsibility if the secure gateway is not available and credit or debit card transactions may not be processed or accepted for reasons beyond our control.
19. Any information which is transmitted to Gecko Vending through the website or secure gateway, including your nominated card details, is transmitted at your own risk and Gecko Vending is not responsible while such information is in transit. The Australian Government has published additional information about protecting yourself in on-line transactions. This is available at: http://www.staysmartonline.gov.au.